Rokoko Studio plus or above subscription.
In order to stream to Blender, you need to have installed the Blender plugin. Instructions for doing this can be found here.
Video Tutorial - Live Streaming to Blender 2.8
This video guides you on how to setup real-time streaming of full performance capture, Face and Body, from Rokoko Studio on to your custom characters in the Blender 2.8.
Enabling Rokoko Studio Live
- Go to settings and click on Studio Live in the dropdown menu.
Configuring the data Stream
- Before you can begin streaming data you need to configure the receiver information. Start by clicking the cogwheel in the top right corner, which will flip the box around.
Adding a receiver
- Add one receiver by clicking the plus button, which applies one receiver to the list. At this stage you can modify the IP address and Port number.
- Click the arrow down button to configure VP (Virtual Production) Port.
- Enable and disable receiver.
- Each individual receiver can be enabled and disabled by toggling the switch .
Enabling the data stream
Enable the data stream by clicking on box. The green outline indicates that the data stream is enabled, click again to disable. (In order to enable a data stream, at least one receiver must be enabled.
- In the 3D View press N or the the little arrow on the right side.
- Select the “Rokoko” tab.
- Set the field “Port” to the value that you set in Rokoko Studio.
- Press “Start Receiver” to start receiving data from Rokoko Studio.
Streaming Character data
- After starting the receiver select the armature that you want to animate. Open the Object category and then open the “Rokoko Studio Live Setup” panel.
- In the actor field select the Smartsuit that you want to use for this armature.
- Fill all bone fields by pressing “Auto Detect” and check if all bones are correctly filled in and fill in missing bones.
- Ensure that the selected armature is in T-Pose and then press “Set as T-Pose”.
Your armature should be animated by the live data.
Optional: In order to improve animation performance enable “Hide Meshes during Play” in the receiver panel.
(Meshes that are animated by face data from Rokoko Studio will not be hidden by this setting)
If you experience any lag when using the plugin, close the window that shows key frames (in the timeline). Blender will run much smoother as the panel takes a lot of resources.
Streaming Face data
- After starting the receiver select the mesh that you want to animate, open the Object category and then open the “Rokoko Studio Live Setup” panel.
- In the “Face” field select the face data that you want to use for this mesh.
- Fill all shapekey fields by pressing “Auto Detect” and check if all shapekeys are correctly filled in and fill in missing shapekeys.
Your mesh should now be animated by the face data.
Streaming Virtual Production data
After starting the receiver select the object that you want to animate.
- Open the Object category and then open the “Rokoko Studio Live Setup” .
- In the “Tracker or Prop” field select the tracker or prop data that you want to use for this object.
When you have selected your prop. You can also turn on "Use Custom Scale" and change the Scale, to make sure everything fits your Blender project.
Your object should now be animated by the tracker or prop data.
In the Receiver panel you can set the “Scene Scale” to scale the live position data to fit your project.
Video Tutorial: Adding Rokoko Studio Motion Library assets to your character in Blender
More information on the Motion Library can be found here.