Last updated July 16, 2022
- Rokoko Studio Beta has been built for the cloud and collaboration and thus requiring an internet connection. While we are looking at adding improved handling of intermittent connection drops and also an offline mode, expect some issues in the current build if you lose internet connection temporarily while working.
- We are aware of a range of issues impacting motion capture data, such as fingers bending abnormally backwards when stretched out. We're currently investigating and giving this high priority.
- New in 2.2.0! You can now calibrate only the paired suit or the paired gloves on the actor, under the right-click menu. If you are seeing bad results from the catch-all calibration, try to calibrate the devices individually. This is a temporary measurement until we've done some under-the-hood and UX improvements to the calibration process.
- It's also important to call out that with Studio Beta and Smartgloves running in EMF-mode, you need to calibrate your gloves, similar to your Smartsuit Pro. When calibrating your Smartgloves, be sure to keep your hand and fingers entirely straight.
- Rokoko Studio Beta is only officially supported on Apple-silicon Mac's, i.e. Mac's with a M1 chip or newer. Mac's with Intel CPU's are not supported.
- Some users may experience that they need to allow incoming connections every time they open Studio Beta, and not just on the first launch.
- Smartgloves cannot find 5 Ghz networks running on some channels, likely all channels at 52 or higher. As a workaround, use one of the following channels for now 48, 44, 40, 36.
Dashboard and Teams
- If you're logging out and in as a new user, Studio Beta will need to be restarted to load your teams properly.
- If you're creating a new team, you will need to restart Rokoko Studio Beta to see it in the dropdown list.
- The Projects tab in the new Dashboard can be slow to load if you have a lot of Projects or Scenes.
Scene View and Setup
- When using "Camera follow", there is some jitter/lag.
Pairing and Calibration
- Calibration values are not saved/re-applied when closing and re-opening a scene. As such, you need to re-calibrate whenever opening a scene.
- There are some issues regarding left/right Smartglove pairing when re-opening a scene, e.g. the gloves sometimes switch sides.
Recording, Editing and Filters
- Recorded clips longer than 10 minutes might fail to be synced to the server.
- When standing still and kicking one leg forward, the Actor can start to glide forward.
- Actor/Newton's head blendshapes are sometimes causing mesh distortions on the side of the head.
- Multi-actor clips won't work properly when recording with more than 3 Actors.
Timeline and Clip View
- The current time indicator and the play-range start indicator in the timeline can overlap, not making it possible to drag the time indicator until either of them have their value changed.
- Very small locomotion foot lock segments can be unresponsive when trying to resize them.
- If you unpair Smartgloves from an Actor used in a Clip with recorded Smartgloves layers, the clip playback will contain issues (re-pair the Smartgloves to fix the issue).
Locomotion & Filters
- When using undo/redo to deactivate locomotion, the foot lock rows are not automatically hidden/shown.
- Adding foot locks in narrow spaces may sometimes modify the existing foot lock instead of adding a new one.
- Exporting currently takes as long time as the length of the clip you're exporting.
- Exporting may fail (become stuck in an infinite spinner) if there's too many clips in the scene. Try to remove some clips and try again, after restarting Studio.