Last updated March 03, 2022
- Rokoko Studio Beta has been built for the cloud and collaboration and thus requiring an internet connection. While we are looking at adding improved handling of intermittent connection drops and also an offline mode, expect some issues in the current build if you lose internet connection temporarily while working.
- We are aware of a range of issues impacting motion capture data, such as fingers bending abnormally backwards when stretched out. We're currently investigating and giving this high priority.
- USB devices will not connect on Intel-based Macs running Monteray (OS-level issue; not something we can fix).
- Some users may experience that they need to allow incoming connections every time they open Studio Beta, and not just on the first launch.
- Smartgloves cannot find 5 Ghz networks running on some channels, likely all channels at 52 or higher. As a workaround, use one of the following channels for now 48, 44, 40, 36.
- The Receiver IP in Wifi settings of a device isn't always properly set to the currently set Receiver IP on the device
Dashboard and Teams
- If you're creating a new team, you will need to restart Rokoko Studio Beta to see it in the dropdown list.
- Scene list sorting is different from the main dashboard view and when viewing a specific project.
Scene View and Setup
- When using "Camera follow", there is some jitter/lag.
- If using mouse scrolling while Rokoko Studio Beta is not in the foreground, scrolling is still applied.
Pairing and Calibration
- Calibration values are not saved/re-applied when closing and re-opening a scene. As such, you need to re-calibrate whenver opening a scene.
- The correct calibration pose is not always showed when calibrating with only Smartgloves.
- There are some issues regarding left/right Smartglove pairing when re-opening a scene, e.g. the gloves sometimes switch sides.
Recording, Editing and Filters
- If you delete an Actor/Newton from the scene that is linked to a recorded clip, it currently breaks the clip from being played back, livestreamed or exported.
- When standing still and kicking one leg forward, the Actor can start to glide forward.
- Actor/Newton's head blendshapes are sometimes causing mesh distortions on the side of the head.
Timeline and Clip View
- The first time you enter clip view for longer recorded clips, the animations will not show properly. Just exit and re-enter the clip to get it working.
- The numbers and lines are not correctly aligned when initially entering the clip view timeline; this is fixed by changing the zoom level once.
- When moving items in the timeline, they may sometimes move at a different speed than the mouse cursor.
- A selected object remains selected when entering clip view, even if it's not in the clip.
- Sensor diagnostics in clip playback don't accurately show the color for sensors that are disconnected or not working.
- When changing the start/end range of a clip in the timeline, and the current timeline marker is outside the new start/end range, it will move to a random time position in the new range instead of the new start/end value.
- When removing a foot lock segment in the timeline, foot lock remains active until the end of the next segment.
- When using undo/redo to deactivate locomotion, the foot lock rows are not automatically hidden/shown.
- Exported .bvh files cannot be imported into Blender, if your computer's locale setting uses , instead of . for the decimal separator (i.e. writes "24,45" instead of "24.45"). Until the issue is fixed, please change your computer's locale settings if you want to use exported .bvh files in Blender
- Exporting as .bvh with the 3ds max biped skeleton target gives an empty scene when importing to 3ds max
- Exporting currently takes as long time as the length of the clip you're exporting.
- Signing out of Rokoko Studio doesn't sign you out of the Rokoko ID website, so you will automatically re-login to the same account when signing back in in Rokoko Studio Beta. You will need to manually sign out of the ID website beforehand.