This firmware update enables Smartgloves integration with Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) in Studio Beta. With this update, Smartgloves can be connected directly to your Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) by plugging the USB-cables at the end of the arms directly into your Smartgloves.
Secondly, this firmware update enables you to power your Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) and Smartgloves using only 1 source of power: A 3A powerbank connected to the Smartsuit Pro II Hub.
Here is the overview of which features are available according to Studio version
- Smartgloves integration with Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready)
- Power your entire setup using only 1 powerbank
- Easier and quicker setup When Smartgloves are physically connected to Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready), it is only needed to establish wireless connection to Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready). Smartgloves mocap is relayed to the PC/Mac via the Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready)
- No updates in Studio Legacy
Smartgloves integration with Smartsuit Pro II in Studio Beta requires the newest firmwares to be installed on both Smartsuit Pro II and Smartgloves:
- Firmware version required for Smartsuit Pro II: v2.6.4
- Firmware version required for Smartgloves: v.2.1.0
- Studio Beta version required: 2.1.0
- 5V/3A powerbank
How to update
- Make sure that Studio Beta has been updated to v2.1.0. Updates to Studio Beta should happen automatically when launching Studio Beta.
- Connect your hardware device (Smartsuit Pro II or Smartglove) to your PC/Mac via USB cable. Studio Beta will provide a pop-up with a notification that a new firmware is available. Click the pop-up and accept the firmware update via the Device Manager.
- Repeat step 2 for each of your hardware devices.
How to power your setup and establish WiFi connection
When Studio Beta and all hardware devices have been updated to the latest versions, you are ready to use your Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) with Smartgloves integrated. Please follow the procedure below
- Connect Smartgloves to Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready)
- Connect a powerbank to the Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) Hub
- Connect your Smartsuit Pro II (Glove Ready) Hub to your PC/Mac via USB
- Setup WiFi connection to your setup via Device Manager