Step by step
In order to retarget an animation in Blender you will need to do the following:
- Open the Retargeting panel.
- Select an armature with an animation as the source armature, select an armature that should receive the animation as the target armature and then press "Build Bone List".
- Check if the bones got filled in correctly and fix any incorrect or missing bones.
- Select "Auto Scale" if the armatures differ in size or resize them manually.
- In "Use Pose:" select the pose that should be used for retargeting.
Important: Make sure that both armature are in the same pose for correct retargeting.
- Press "Retarget Animation".