Who is this article relevant to?
This article is for customers who have successfully applied the Wifi settings for their Smartsuit Pro I or Smartsuit Pro II and cannot see their device in the Studio viewport despite the LED colour of the power button on the HUB being stable green
Which versions is this article relevant for?
Smartsuit Pro Smartsuit Pro II
After applying the Wifi settings you may not:
- see your avatar appear in the scene of Rokoko Studio.
- see a Smartsuit Pro appear in the list of "Live inputs" on the left side panel in Rokoko Studio.
Things to try:
- Make sure the USB-C to A cable is properly connected to the Hub (you should hear a 'clicking' sound once connected) and to your computer. Additionally, try changing to another port of your computer.
- Make sure you have correctly disabled your Windows Firewall and anti-virus software like MacAffee. If that was this issue, you can create an exception rule in your anti-virus software or check below on how to disable Windows Firewall(Windows or Mac) and create an exception rule.
- Make sure you entered the correct Receiver's IP ( that is your computer's IP running Studio). Please use DHCP Auto mode instead of manual mode.
- Test a (different) dedicated router (or even a smartphone Wifi hotspot), as shared office or university networks can be hard to connect to.
- Make sure you have connected a charged battery/power bank to the usb power cable of the Smartsuit Pro (note: this is not the same cable as the USB-C cable (Anker) used to apply the wifi settings), with a minimum output of 2A for Standalone edition or 3A for Glove-Ready edition.
Windows Firewall can sometimes block the communication between the Smartsuit Pro and Rokoko Studio (which Studio will sometimes tell you by returning an error code 0010 when applying the WiFi settings). Please follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Start Menu and type in "Windows Firewall":
2. Click on "Windows Firewall" and you should now see the Windows Firewall dialogue.
3. From the left menu select "Turn Windows Firewall on or off":
4. From the options for the Private and public network settings, click "Turn off windows Firewall" (warning: this is not recommended besides testing purposes).
Click "OK" to Apply the changes.
5. At this stage you should see following:
On Windows 10 you would see the same panel, but looking like this:
6. You can now re-apply the wifi settings and see if the Smartsuit Pro can connect to Rokoko Studio (quit and reopen Studio first).
After you verify if the firewall was blocking Rokoko Studio, remember to turn firewall on again by clicking again in Turn Windows Firewall on or off but this time select "Turn on Windows Firewall for private and public networks."
Click OK to apply these changes.
7. If you identified that Windows Firewall is blocking Rokoko Studio, you can add a rule to Windows Firewall to allow connections with Rokoko Studio
In this guide, we will see how we can make a firewall rule for our application to allow the Smartsuit to connect to Rokoko Studio.
The same process can be used if your firewall is blocking our live integrations.
1. From the Windows start menu, search and open "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security".
2. Which should open following screen.
3. Select "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" on Local Computer → Inbound Rules.
4. Search in the list if there is already a rule about the program you want to allow the connection, in this case Rokoko Studio.
If there is not, please make a new rule by clicking "New Rule..." on the right side of the window.
5. In the "New Inbound Rule Wizard" panel that will open, select "Program" and click "Next":
6. Specify the program path:
For Rokoko Studio Legacy this would be "C:\Program Files\Rokoko Studio Legacy\Rokoko Studio Legacy.exe"
For Rokoko Studio this would be "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Rokoko Electronics ApS\RokokoApplicationUpdater\Rokoko Studio\Rokoko Studio.exe"
You can click "Browse" to find the program path in case it is different for you. Then click "Next"
7. Select "Allow the connection", and click "Next".
8. Select all network types you want to allow the program to receive data, make sure "Private" is checked, and click "Next".
9. Give a name and a description for the new Rule, then click "Finish".
10. You should now find the Rokoko Studio rule you just created in the Inbound Rules list.
Open the rule properties by double-clicking on the rule, or right click on the rule and then select properties. Make sure that the Action option is set to "Allow the connection".
Last but not least, to make this Exception Rule actually work, you will need to enable the following default Exception Rules in the Windows Firewall.
Now your firewall should allow communication between the Smartsuit and Rokoko Studio for this computer.
To get to the Security & Privacy window and turn off the firewall:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Make sure Firewall is selected at the top.
- This area will be locked against changes. Click the lock at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be required to enter your password. After, the lock will be open and you can make changes.
- Now click Turn Off Firewall.
- If you want to configure and customize the firewall, you’ll need to have the firewall on and then you can hit Firewall Options.
- Check which options you wish to enable or disable.
- After you are done, click the lock on the Security & Privacy window to prevent further changes.
- After you have successfully disabled the Firewall, please re-apply the WiFi settings for the Smartsuit Pro inside Rokoko Studio
If you’re running Ventura, you’ll need to access the firewall controls through the Apple menu > System Settings > Network on the sidebar > Firewall.