In this article:
This article details how to fix issues that can arise when a connected Smartsuit Pro (or Smartgloves) has the same Unique ID in Rokoko Studio.
In some situations, the Unique Hub ID of the Smartsuit Pro or Smartgloves may be set in such way that it is the same as other Rokoko hardware you are using.
This doesn't affect the performance of each piece of hardware on its own, but it affects the performance of the system as a whole. This is because two or more hardware names are overlapping and confusing the system.
Usually, the issues you will encounter are either of the below:
- Your Smartsuit Pro or Smartgloves will start jittering and you will not be able to use them correctly.
- You will not be able to maintain a stable connection and one of the hardware elements (suit or gloves) with the same name will disconnect.
While not a very common occurrence, if you happen to experience this, you will need to download Rokoko Studio's predecessor Rokoko Legacy, as this can only be fixed in here. Click here to download Rokoko Legacy.
Once you've opened and signed in to Legacy, follow the steps below:
- Connect the hardware that has the same name (so either the suit of the gloves) directly to your computer with a USB-C cable. If you are connecting a Smartsuit Pro II, connect a power bank to the hub as well.
- Open Rokoko Legacy and navigate to the Wifi Settings.
- Under the Wifi settings panel, click on the double-crossing arrow icon (first line of the Wifi settings panel) to give your connected hardware a new Unique ID.
- If you need to do this with more than just the one piece of hardware, please disconnect the hardware you have corrected the Unique ID for, and then repeat the process above with the next item.