Who is this article relevant to?
This is for anyone who wants to learn how to set up their Smartsuit Pro II (Standalone or Glove-ready version) in Rokoko Studio
Which plans is this article relevant for?
Starter - Plus - Pro - Enterprise
You have received your Smartsuit Pro II and you have also downloaded Rokoko Studio. It's time to set it up and start working with it!
The following items are not included with the Smartsuit Pro, but are required in order to set it up:
- Computer - Click here for the system requirements
- WiFi Router - Click here for a list of recommendations
- USB Power Bank (3A output) - Click here for a list of recommendations
If you are having trouble connecting your Smartsuit Pro II to your Mac's USB-C port using an adapter, please use a USB-C Hub instead of an adapter. You can find a list of Hubs here.
We recommend this USB Hub: https://satechi.net/products/slim-aluminum-type-c-multi-port-adapter-v2
Setting up your Smartsuit Pro in Rokoko Studio
- Create a Rokoko account, open Rokoko Studio, click on Sign in with browser and insert your email and password.
- Once your credentials are correct, you should be connected to Rokoko Studio.
- Create your first Project, then a new scene, and enter it.
- Now that you are inside a scene, hang your Smartsuit Pro close to your computer or place it carefully on a soft non-metal surface.
- Connect your Smartsuit Pro to the computer using the USB-C to USB-A cable provided in the package. Make sure you hear the "clicking" sound to connect it properly.
- If you are using a Glove-ready Smartsuit Pro, connect the Smartgloves to the USB-C cables that come out of the last hand sensors of your Smartsuit before powering up
- Connect your battery to the USB-A cable(can be seen in front-right pocket)
- A pop-up will appear in the upper right corner of Rokoko Studio. Click "Configure" to access the wifi settings automatically. If it doesn't show up, it means the USB-C to USB-A cable is not properly connected.
- You can access the Device Manager by clicking the button on the upper right as shown below. Read this article to learn more about all the Device Manager tabs.
- Click on your USB-connected device.
- Click on the Wifi Setup Tab, and enter your Wifi settings. Read this article to learn more about the Wifi Setup Tab.
- Find your Wifi network from the drop-down list and enter its password. As mentioned earlier, we recommend a dedicated router for smooth connections and performance.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the same WiFi that you wish to use your Smartsuit Pro with. Then, select the correct IP address from the drop down menu. Read this article on how to verify your IP address.
- Click "Apply settings"
- If the WiFi settings are applied successfully, you will see a message saying " WiFi connection established - ready to start recording!". You can now disconnect the USB-C cable from the HUB and close the Device Manager.
- At this point, you should see a grey avatar in the scene, with the LED's of the HUB being green for the power button and green ((if you are using a 5GHz router) or blue (if you are using a 2.4GHz router) for the WiFi LED.
WiFi settings were applied successfully, but my Smartsuit Pro is not appearing inside the scene
If you cannot see your device inside the scene after applying the WiFi settings, most likely a Firewall or an Antivirus is blocking communication. Check this article here to fix this issue.
Internal WiFi Hotspot
To use your Smartsuit Pro with the HUB's own WiFi hotspot (removing the need for an external network and router) and learn more about the limitations of this feature, please see here.
Creating an Actor Profile
If you cannot see your device inside the scene after applying the WiFi settings, most likely a Firewall or an Antivirus is blocking communication. Check this article here to fix this issue.Now that our Smartsuit Pro II is set up, we need an actor to pair it with in Rokoko Studio. Continue your journey by learning how to create an actor profile here.